How True could My Love be

Sunday, October 05, 2014

I don’t ask much, but your love is what I long,
For one day is what I ask, for one day to play along.
I know not of tomorrow, but I know I have today,
For this life is too short for me, to wish to live my way.
You don’t have to love me, but I’d ask you to pretend,
Pretend that you love me, your one day could you lend?
I would give you the warmest hugs, on my laps I’d let you lay,
I would hold your hands and kiss your lips, I would wish for you to stay.
With you I'd spend my night, I would adore your charm,
I would snuggle up in a ball, I would sleep in your arms.
It would cut my heart to pieces, it would cut me very deep,
Knowing that you’ll leave me, when the sun’s no more asleep.
But I’d still kiss your lips, I'd rest my face on your palm,
I’d wish my life to end right then, to not face the separating storm.
I know you don’t feel the way I do, neither have you wished the same,
I know I mean nothing at all, and no you’re not to be blamed.
But I shall let the morning rise, I shall let you go,
I shall let you leave me behind, and let my tears flow.
I would bury deep in my blanks, I would cry my heart out,
With broken and heavy heart I’d try, to learn to live without.
I love you so much that it hurts, without you I’m stray,
But one day’s better than never, just one day is what I say.
So one last time I ask of you, to not push me away,
I don’t ask of forever, but forever could be a day.

-J

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. amazing....I cannot stop wondering what must have gone through the mind of the one as he read this poem. Heavy....real heavy.

    ReplyDelete