I love you.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020


Hi!
Where do I start from and how do I?
The number of words my heart wants me to tell you
all at once
everything.

Your eyes, your smile, your presence, you
how cheesy would it sound if I’d try praising them all
but that’s when I panic
I can’t
I literally can’t
words and expressions betray me
when I need them the most
if only I could tell you how perfect you are
if only I could tell you the way you make me feel
if only I could drown in you in tacky flattery
because that’s what becomes of me 
when I am with you
weak in my knees
weak at my words
and that’s not it
strong at my heart
strong by my will
strong over every miseries
strong in love
I become the better version of me when I’m with you.

Let’s time machine to few years back
the time we never knew we existed
and like every other girls
I too had a notion of love.
The girls named their dream men in many
the knight in shining armor
the king of their dreams
the prince of their hearts
the missing piece of their puzzle
the batman to their Gotham.
I was the only one who was blank
I didn’t know what to name the silhouette of you
so I named you “Love”
the idea of the one and only
so I named you “Love”
you did exist somewhere and you must’ve been smiling that moment
so I named you “Love”
the urge to be carried and spun around with a kiss, who’d it be
I named you “Love”.

So hay, my dear “Love”
I was a stupid girl who wanted to fly
and I had a cape of my own
but never did it work
and never did let me fly.
Now that you’re here right in front of me
and I’ve been flying in your arms
like a desperate bird wanting to embrace the sharp winds and the blue skies
you are my blue sky
you are my sharp wind
you are my superman
you are what I call you
my “Love”

I love you.

- J

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Each word/sentence is so meaningful
    ❣️✨🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should consider moving to a more developed blog platform like Medium or something similar. Would love to have you there.

    ReplyDelete