Demon of Fate

Monday, May 30, 2016



Dear demon of fate, I promise you,
to let the kill
to let you adore my scars
to be the puppet,
to let you tie your thread around and bask on my screams.
Dear demon of fate, I promise you,
to come back to you,
but let go for now,
for now I need to let go of his heart,
that beats in me,
that put me back together,
that made me remember how smiling felt.
You’re dragging him in my personal quicksand,
he is to fly and live, he is to fly to love, to be loved.
See I’m no good of a heart-keeper,
for I couldn’t water it to grow
to bind me to him.
Who do I put the blame on to?
While his heart in me is breaking,
I’m failing to pull him from his pool of tears.
My pages from my book of life are filled of squiggly scribbles,
he deserves a clean sheet,
I don’t have one.
Even the words hung heads with shame,
and only I can utter are tears.
Dear demon of fate,
let me let go of him,
while he stares at me like a confused abandoned puppy,
for he shall move on, and live to love,
and not die with me while you cradle.

-J.Yogi




You Might Also Like

0 comments