I only wanted to smile.

Monday, May 30, 2016



The hard blows of life, so low,
an evergreen frown tattooed itself
underneath my smiling lips.
The land across the sea held the keys
the keys to doors that freed butterflies
that led to beautiful treasures
to fortune
to flowers and rainbows
to glitters and gold
to dark grey clouds
to quicksand of decoys
to harsh existing glum.
Because the keys were new to me
and I carried a bunch.
Shall I name it misfortune and blame it onto fate
or shall I blame myself for walking the normal road.
I only wanted to smile.
When the heart felt heavy and my room lit dark
I looked around, nothing
the feeling what was it? nothing
what’s weighing so much? nothing
what do I have, NOTHING
I scream and call out, NOTHING
WHO AM I? WHAT AM I? ………………… nothing?
Every time I try to stand I feel pushed back to bed and forced to wail out like a dying creature,
every time I think I hear a giggle I try to run towards it but I find myself drowning in my own loud noise of screaming tears,
every time I see a speck of beam I try to get closer but further it runs until I am breathless
until I fall on my face
until I feel numb and tired and dead.
I only wanted to smile.

-Jyotsna Yogi



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. nice...I likes. kind of relate to this one. i think you hold the key to your happiness, so all you have to do is find yourself and you will find happiness.

    ReplyDelete