Liar

Monday, May 30, 2016



I’ve known you must be hurting
maybe missing me and my kisses
maybe missing our everyday hugs
maybe missing our plans for a home.
While I was giving up on cries
you were giving up on hope
you were giving up on faith
you were giving up on love.
Strangled were you with me
did I try to let you breathe better,
did I let your lips stretch wider to a beauty,
did I get on my toes to kiss your forehead.
But maybe I wasn’t the right.
Words and hours of explanations you seek
while I enjoyed silence,
splatters of shame and painted of phony was what the world chose for me
but shielded I am for I’m a princess.
I might look dirtier from where you stand
but come closer and meet my eyes
ever been so pure for you.
“Liar” you state, while you point me,
while lies were what you believed,
your assumptions carved your path,
my truth hurt your ears
and there I was,
lean,
sad,
given up.
I’ve known you must be hurting
but I’ve been hurting too.

-J.Yogi





You Might Also Like

0 comments